[EuroPython] Planning and Minutes from post-Conference meeting (Re: knock, knock!)

Dario Lopez-Kästen dario at ita.chalmers.se
Mon Oct 3 09:38:23 CEST 2005

Michael Hudson wrote:

>So, it's been a few months since EuroPython 2005, and I think it's
>probably time to start moving -- very slowly, maybe, at this point --
>towards EuroPython 2006.

Hello all, nice to the flurry of activity that occurs on the list.

I attach the minutes from the Post-Conference meeting a bunch of us had
on the evening of the last confernce day.

I can also inform you that Benedikt Heger and myself have  made some
preliminary preparation trying to sort out some of the practical stuff
in advance.

I'll finish with pointing out the following points the minutes

-----<>-----
=============================
What we need to do NOW
=============================

    * have the page say wtha we are doing CERN
        - closing the conference on the website.

    * mailing people that we are having a new confernece

    * sending thankyoumails to attendatns

    * start marekting the conference

    * contact the PSF.

    * start tracking the local media

    * se if we can broacast the speeches and prepare for this

Open Issues

    * who is doing the websites

    * who is doing the marketing, announcements etc.

    * Should we reuse the registrationsystem? What say the organisers?

Comments and additions and corrections are appreciated.

Thanks,

/dario