[EuroPython] knock, knock!

Michael Hudson mwh at python.net
Mon Oct 3 12:01:36 CEST 2005

Michael Hudson <mwh at python.net> writes:

> So, it's been a few months since EuroPython 2005, and I think it's
> probably time to start moving -- very slowly, maybe, at this point --
> towards EuroPython 2006.

So people are still awake and interested... this is good :)

> I have a vague recollection of volunteering to be program chair, which
> means I'm interested in knowing who I can dupe into being a track
> chair :)

There seem to be enough of these.

> I have a less vague recollection of not wanting anything to do with
> the website, but would certainly be interested in know who is able to
> help with that.  In particular, could someone who can put something
> like "See you at CERN in 2006!" on the front page of the site?

There has been less activity here... as I see it, there are five roles
that could do with being "owned" by someone:

- the programme (that's me, folks)
- the website
- sprints
- marketing
- local stuff

Local stuff is Benedikt and his friends (no choice there, I'm afraid).
I don't really have a clue who is going to own any of the other roles.

I'm willing (like many others, I hope/expect) to help on the website,
but there's no way I'm taking on that hat too.

Cheers,
mwh

--
  You're going to have to remember that I still think of Twisted as
  a big multiplayer game, and all this HTTP stuff is just kind of a