[EuroPython] knock, knock!

Michael Sparks zathras at thwackety.com
Thu Oct 6 22:09:31 CEST 2005

On Thursday 06 October 2005 10:21, Michael Hudson wrote:
> Michael Sparks <zathras at thwackety.com> writes:
> > Have we considered a games track BTW?
>
> No.  Or at least, I hadn't before now.

> Well, do you think you could get talks for this track?  As I said, I'd
> like to avoid having too many tracks [confusing, etc]

I agree with that rationale. How about explicitly including in the scope
of the frameworks track (or another, but games frameworks are more
generally interesting often I think than people give credence to) to
include games integration & games frameworks?

The reason I say that is because, for example, Crystalspace provides a python
integration, and thus can act as a framework for python programs sitting in a
3D environment (though you could argue it sits elsewhere), and systems like
Simon Wittber's lightweight games toolkit

As for getting talks? I suspect/hope it should be quite easy :-) What would be
nice in many respects is to get people together working on different systems
and find ways of integrating between them.

Regards,

Michael