[EuroPython] Progress?

Paul Boddie paul at boddie.org.uk
Mon Apr 3 23:09:49 CEST 2006

On Monday 03 April 2006 22:46, M.-A. Lemburg wrote:
> Chris Withers wrote:
> >
> > Can anyone with local knowledge make any recommendations?
> Same request from here :-)

I don't have any recent local knowledge, but...

> If you could tell us the exact address of the place where
> the conference will be held, I suppose that the various mapping
> sites would be of great help in finding the right hotel.

From the EuroPython site's travel section:

The main entrance to CERN (Meyrin site) is located right by the French border
on the north-west side of Geneva. The nearby districts aren't particularly
exciting, but I imagine that there are decent/mainstream/expensive hotels
near the airport, and there are several hotels in the centre of town. CERN's
own accommodation isn't bad, though, for those undecided about whether a
hotel is required.

> Unfortunately, the CERN site seems to be missing this one
> bit of vital information (they only mention a snail
> mail address in form of a PO box :-).

CERN's a big place, so I don't think it has (or needs) a street address.
Here's the contact page, reachable from CERN's home page:

> I tried this on map24.de but to no avail - CERN's not registered
> as POI :-(

> BTW, I found this URL on the CERN site which might be helpful:
> http://building.web.cern.ch/building/
> It appears as if the conference is going to be held at
> the "Meyrin" site.

I imagine so, and Benedikt's previous information gives that impression, too.
Certainly, I don't think the other major site (Prevessin) has much in the way
of conference facilities.