[EuroPython] Progress?

Paul Boddie paul at boddie.org.uk
Tue Apr 4 14:25:26 CEST 2006

On Tuesday 04 April 2006 12:23, M.-A. Lemburg wrote:

> Thanks. I found a similar link yesterday using Map24:
>
> http://link2.map24.com/?street0=Route%20Niels%20Bohr&zip0=1217&city0=Meyrin
>&state0=&country0=ch&name0=&lid=3d5d7d90&ol=de-de

Crazy but unusable Java-based fly-by! :-)

> (also points to the Niels Bohr route)
>
> It appears as if CERN is close to the airport, but requires a bus
> drive to the center of the city.

CERN isn't far from the airport by car or taxi, but it isn't reasonable
walking distance, and you need to change buses to get to CERN: bus 10, then
bus 9:

http://www.tpg.ch/Cartographie/Schemas_lignes/decembre2005/l10.html
http://www.tpg.ch/Cartographie/Schemas_lignes/decembre2005/l9.html

The route overview in English:

http://www.tpg.ch/Internet+TPG/Anglais/Maps/defaut.htm

(It also looks like bus 28 runs from the airport to Meyrin - Hôpital-La Tour,
and that's more or less walking distance. Interestingly, the route planner at
http://tpg.hafas.de/bin/tp/query.exe/en suggests combining bus 28 with bus Y.
I always used to take the 10/9 combination, myself.)

As for the exact location of the conference, Benedikt pointed out the building
locations previously, and if you visit the building search page
(http://building.web.cern.ch/building/) and search for building 40, you'll
see the conference location, the hostels (buildings 38 and 39) and the
restaurant (restaurant 1, building 500/501). The reception, also listed on
that page, is building 33.

Paul