[EuroPython] EuroPython 2009-20010 candidate

Dario Lopez-Kästen dario at ita.chalmers.se
Mon Dec 18 14:17:13 CET 2006

Jacob Hallén said the following on 12/17/06 23:27:
> Unless there was a problem this year, Europython has a reasonable stack of
> money, which means that the organisers don't have to take a financial risk.
> If fewer people than expected show up, there is a buffer which can pay the
> bills. (You still need to keep a tight budget and know all costs in advance.
> Things can go really bad in a hurry if you don't.) Another possible source of
> a financial guarantee which we haven't tried so far is the PSF.

At the moment we have:

~10.000 SEK in the main bank account
~49.000 SEK coming in from PayPal to main bank account
~18.000 EUR in the secondary bank accounts

1 EUR is approx. 8.5-9.0 SEK

the money received from Payson (Swedish PayPal equiv) + the money
received from at-the-door-fees has been inserted into the above numbers.

The amount may change depending on whether I find more old invoices
waiting to be paid or not (about a week ago I had to pay a big invoice
of 25.000 SEK dating back to conference for 2005 ).

That said, I think all the big invoices are paid and there should be
very few, if any, small invoices for 2006 to be paid. I expect the
numbers above to be fairly static from now on, or even increase a bit: I
stil have to verify that all sponsors have paid their invoices.

Cheers,

/dario

Lyrics applied to programming & application design:
"emancipate yourself from mental slavery" - redemption song, b. marley