[EuroPython] preparations at CERN
benedikt.hegner at cern.ch
Mon Jan 9 18:49:18 CET 2006
Some comments and information from the local organizers on epc2006:
Rooms and infrastructure:
- rooms are booked and confirmed.
- we prebooked open space for that and need to confirm it.
- we have prepared network for conference and sprints and some
- for registraiton we need the MAC addresses of the laptops to make
our live easier. The CERN IT is a little bit peculiar with that.
- at CERN you get access cards. I prepared special ones with the EPC
logo. We have to fix the numbers of cards to print. No problem if
there are to few - then we just get the normal ones.
- I propose using the INDICO software project funded by the EU. There
is a group at CERN willing to support us. (http://indico.web.cern.ch/
indico/index.html). What's your opinion?
- we could print conference posters in our print shop but we need
someone to design it.
- since you can get T-shirts at CERN and at every conference I
propose conference coffee cups. I have plenty of conference shirts
but I don't wear them at all.
- in the next CERN courier will be an article about Europython. (CERN
courier is a journal which is read by most of the particle physicists)
Tracks and talks:
- Should we have a poster session?
- I would like to have a talk about CERN and the role of CERN in
physics and computing science. Is there time for that?
Fees and registration:
- we have to decide the conference fees soon.
- if there are people from outside EU or Schengen needing a visa
they should register early enough that CERN has time to help with that.
That's all for the moment.
Benedikt Hegner, DESY FLC
Notkestr. 85, D-22607 Hamburg
Phone: +49 (0)40 8998 1797
Fax: +49 (0)40 8998 1812
Phone: +41 (0)22 767 6487
Fax: +41 (0)22 782 8923
More information about the EuroPython