[EuroPython] preparations at CERN

Aroldo Souza-Leite asouzaleite at gmx.de
Wed Jan 11 08:14:06 CET 2006

Michael Hudson schrieb:

>Aiste Kesminaite <aiste at pov.lt> writes:
>

>>>Tracks and talks:
>>>- Should we have a poster session?
>>>

>>I have no strong opinion about that but would lean to the lightning
>>talks fulfilling this need.
>>
>>One more thing related to tracks and talks -- there was a discussion
>>about changing track chairing format -- i.e. there was a suggestion to
>>not have one person who chairs the whole track during the conference but
>>rather have several people do it so no one would have to spend the whole
>>conference or most of it just in one track.
>>
>>Taking care of choosing talks for a particular track prior to the
>>conference would still be done by one or a few people responsible for
>>that track.
>>
>>What do people think about this change?
>>

>It makes sense to me.
>
>In other news, I'd like to have an IRC meeting for people considering
>being track chairs (in the before-the-conference sense) sometime in
>the next couple of weeks.  As a strawman, I'd like to propose this
>Friday (the 13th) at 1500 GMT (so 1600 for those on the continent).
>
>Cheers,
>mwh

I'm not sure I'll have learned how to hook myself onto this
abovementioned IRC object till the next session, but I'll try.
In any case, if there is anything an utterly untechnical person could to
in the preparation phase, I'm ready. For instance, taking care of the
Education Track again would be allright with me, if there is going to be
one.

Cheers,

Aroldo.