[EuroPython] europython website

Michael Hudson mwh at python.net
Mon Jan 16 11:37:31 CET 2006

project-indico-usergroup at cern.ch, from http://indico.web.cern.ch/indico/user_group.html

>>> We already have a running Europython test site at CERN ( http://
>>> indico.cern.ch/conferenceDisplay.py?confId=44 ). In principle we have
>>> nothing more to do than to use it. (I can create all needed accounts)
>>
>> Looks fine to me.  Something I didn't see in the parts of indico I
>> looked at was anything to do with submitting talks, though.
> It's in there but not  accessible for the public.

Well, the way previous EuroPython's have gone is to put out a call for
papers and invite submissions from the public.  A goodly fraction of
talks actually result from the track chairs going and finding them, of
course, but open submission is important, I think.

>>> So I propose the following:
>>> programme, timetables, registration, call for abstracts and all the
>>> work the track chairs have to do should be done with the Indico
>>> solution. All other information like travel information, sponsors,
>>> public relation stuff can be put on a more or less simple CMS without
>>> fancy features. We have already some information prepared and need to
>>> fill it in somewhere. Personally I prefer Plone but I am happy with
>>> every other out-of-the-box solution.
>>
>> You seem to have a start on this information in the indico instance
>> already -- is there a need for another CMS?
> Yes and no - for the sprints I would like to have a wiki which is not
> possible in Indico as far as I know.

OK.  Wikis are easy -- python.org has one, for starters...

Cheers,
mwh

--
  Hiro dicks about with his computer, naturally.  Being stranded
  on a life raft in the Pacific is a perfect venue for a hacker.