[EuroPython] local organizers update

Michael Hudson mwh at python.net
Mon Jan 23 17:33:46 CET 2006

Benedikt Hegner <benedikt.hegner at cern.ch> writes:

> My conservative idea for the fees (new/old):
> 50/70 Euro for Speakers (yes. cheaper than our costs per person.
> Otherwise it would be more expensive than last year if you think of
> the lunch.)

We had absolutely loads of speakers last year, which is fun in some
ways but hurt the bottom line.  I think we should feel free to charge
them more (PyCon charges speakers full price, and doesn't seem short
of talks.  I'm not sure we should go that far).

Cheers,
mwh

--
  Strangely enough  I saw just such a beast at  the grocery store
  last night. Starbucks sells Javachip. (It's ice cream, but that