[EuroPython] Python conference software

Nicolas Chauvat nicolas.chauvat at logilab.fr
Fri Jan 27 00:02:22 CET 2006

On Thu, Jan 26, 2006 at 11:11:33PM +0100, Jean-Marc Orliaguet wrote:
> I agree, but if you are supposed to use a piece of paper and a pen to
> write an essay, are you going to complain about how bad the tools were
> for writing and how much better a typewriter would have been as an
> excuse for not having written the essay?

In this case she got her company to provide the software she needed to
do the job. I do not call that an "excuse for not writing the essay".

Whoever does the work choses the tools. If CPS gets dropped then so be
it. Plone was dropped before it (and *I*', among others, had spent
time with it) and pure Zope was dropped before that (and *I*, among
others, had spent time as well).  EuroPython happened whatever tool
got used. I am sure it will happen again this year even if the
organizers decide to work with Dreamweaver[*].

Oh, and actually what Jacob was proposing (rest documents stored in
svn and turned to html) was far from stupid, but since he is not the
one scheduled to do the work he does not get to chose either :)

Could this stop now? Could we let Benedikt and whoever is commited to
take care of the site go ahead with what they want to use?

--
Nicolas Chauvat

logilab.fr - services en informatique avancée et gestion de connaissances

*: I was told some people actually make web sites with it.