[EuroPython] #europython minutes 23rd January 2006

M.-A. Lemburg mal at egenix.com
Sat Jan 28 23:21:04 CET 2006

holger krekel wrote:
> * Renaming EuroPython to Pycon idea
>   Holger mentions the idea of renaming EuroPython to Pycon.
>   The idea is generally welcomed but a number of people think
>   that we should not tackle this for 2006.  Everybody agrees
>   that heading for some more discussions with organisers
>   from non-europe Python conferences e.g. at Pycon 2006
>   makes sense.  The guiding idea is to have a worldwide
>   naming/context umbrella for Python conferences.

I like the idea.

Note that http://www.pycon.org/ already hints to such setup
and indeed, you'll find the US event under http://us.pycon.org/
since that was the idea behind the pycon.org domain.

Pointing eu.pycon.org to a PyCon Europe site would be easy
as well. Dito for e.g. PyCon Asia, PyCon Brazil, etc.

If you do intend to go down this route, you should probably
contact the PSF since it will probably have to give you the
OK to use the name (which I'm sure won't be a problem at all).

--
Marc-Andre Lemburg
eGenix.com

Professional Python Services directly from the Source  (#1, Jan 28 2006)