[EuroPython] Europython 2006

Michael Hudson mwh at python.net
Sat Mar 11 19:03:03 CET 2006

Jean-Marc Orliaguet <jmo at ita.chalmers.se> writes:

> Michael Hudson wrote:
>
>>Felix Wiemann <Felix.Wiemann at ososo.de> writes:
>>

>>>Hi!
>>>
>>>Maybe you should make clear on the europython.org front page that most
>>>(or all?) of the web site is still about Europython 2005, not 2006.
>>>
>>>May I suggest you move all contents to europython.org/2005 and put the
>>>contents for 2006 to europython.org/2006?  This way things won't get
>>>confused.
>>>

>>It's being worked on, I think, in our Copious Free Time.  Do you know
>>anything about CPS? :)
>>
>>Cheers,
>>mwh
>>

> It should go pretty fast if the content of the 2006 site is ready, is it?:

Sadly, not really.  Illness and extreme busy-ness have rather got in
the way.  I hope to work on it next week.

> one should start with updating the test site (and switch to it
> afterwards, when it's ready):
> http://biostabil.amaze.nl:8054/ep2006/
> http://biostabil.amaze.nl:8054/ep2006/login_form
>
> (anyone needs an account who didn't have one from last year please
> contact me)

Is there a "10 minute users guide to CPS" somewhere?

> in the meantime I can add a message on the 2005 site saying that this is
> from last year's conference and that the new site is being worked on?

A very good idea.

Cheers,
mwh

--
  ... so the notion that it is meaningful to pass pointers to memory
  objects into which any random function may write random values