[EuroPython] Honesty in Advertising

Harald Armin Massa haraldarminmassa at gmail.com
Fri Mar 17 12:14:47 CET 2006

Dear fellow Epys,

> > Has anyone any thoughts about improving such matters in advance of
> > > this year's conference?
> Make sure the presentations are available *before*the conference ?

How can we put this in practice? How do we sanction people for not
submitting presentations before?

I for one am not willing to submit presentations before. I want my talks to
be holistic works of art; 30% of the presentation material being build in
response to the reactions of the audience while presenting, maybe even drawn
on overhead or painted on my body; and I do not want to give "sneak
previews" so that the jokes are discussed before I make them.

I support the "state which kind of software you are talking about";
especially something like:

a) this is a presentation about Open Source
b) this is a presentation about using Python to do something commercially
c) this is a presentation to make you use something commercially you have to
buy, which should make you happy

Best wishes

GHUM Harald Massa
persuadere et programmare
Harald Armin Massa
Reinsburgstraße 202b
70197 Stuttgart
PostgreSQL - supported by a community that does not put you on hold