[EuroPython] homepage structure

Jean-Marc Orliaguet jmo at ita.chalmers.se
Fri Mar 17 19:12:06 CET 2006

Benedikt Hegner wrote:

>Hi,
>
>some comments on the page structure. We have in the menu bar
>- Registration
>- Location
>- Accomodation
>- Tracks & Talks
>- Events
>- Sprints & Wiki
>
>Isn't there something missing where we can put information about the
>"what who why"? (in addition to the boxes on the entry page) Where we
>can put information about EPC, CERN, comments from participants from
>the years before, press articles and so on...
>
>Ciao
>Benedikt

"Tracks & Talks" and "Sprints & Wiki" could be merged. Location / accomodation too.

feel free to change the structure, I simply copied the structure from last year, and it does not necessarily work best this year since a lot of information concerning registration / talks is already available on http://indico.cern.ch/conferenceDisplay.py?confId=44

also It feels weird to switch sites, maybe the location / hotels information could be placed www.europython.org ? currently it's somehow duplicated.

there is also a third site involved (http://wiki.python.org/moin/EuroPython2006) - it is possible to put a wiki on www.europython.org. 3 sites for one conference is a lot..

BTW,  the site now validates XHTML 1.0 strict ( http://validator.w3.org/check?verbose=1&uri=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.europython.org )

regards