[EuroPython] help needed!

Nicolas Pettiaux nicolas.pettiaux at ael.be
Sun May 14 22:37:32 CEST 2006

2006/5/14, Paul Everitt <paul at zeapartners.org>:

> I can help someone else, but I'm not planning to manage PR.

The same goes for me. What is expected in term of PR ?

Some ideas of possible todos:

1/ writing of articles / info about the next EP conference ? the
previous EP conferences ?
2/ communication to python / zope related mailing lists and sites ?
3/ communication to Geneva and other local newspapers / TVs / radio stations ?
(by the way, could the PR department of CERN help or not ? If not,
could it only help us by providing such lists and contact informations
? And could we have its coordonates : name of people working there,
telephone, email addresses )
4/ invitation of local authorities ? (by the way, have any official of
CERN been officially invited, maybe to do some introduction or closing
speech). If yes, who ? If not, who could/should we invite ?
5/ contact with local LUGs (Linux users groups) who could help ? (as
any such contact been already taken ? GULL in Geneva at
www.linux-gull.ch/portail.html

By the way, I don't know if the information is known on this list, but
the Canton de Genève has been released fo Windows / GNU/linux and
Macs, is available freely on the web from
http://etat.geneve.ch/getax/04/art.jsp?id=6512 and has been sent to
all taxpayers aroud Geneva on a cdrom that also contained Mozilla
*and* OpenOffice. This was a very active action made by a public
authority favouring free software. They just considered that there was
some free space on the cdrom and decided to add free software ... but
no propriatary software !

I (npettiaux) volunteer for 5 and some other actions together with
other people ... provided we can work that subject together on the
wiki ... where I actually started : see
http://wiki.python.org/moin/EuroPython2006PR

Regards,

Nicolas