[EuroPython] Is EuroPython happening this year?

M.-A. Lemburg mal at egenix.com
Mon May 15 11:21:54 CEST 2006

Hi Laura,

Laura Creighton wrote:
> In a message of Fri, 12 May 2006 10:37:44 +0200, "M.-A. Lemburg" writes:
>> Michael Hudson wrote:
>>> Not yet.
>> I would like to book hotel and flight soonish, if possible.
>>
>> Could you at least give a hint as to when you know whether EPC 2006
>> is going to happen or not ?
>
> Marc-Andre I perfectly understand your frustration.

Hmm, I'm not sure you're replying to the right posting here :-)

Chris brought up the question and I have a similar need: in general
I need to plan things a bit beforehand and would therefore like
to book my flight and hotel this week.

Now, of course, I'd like to know whether I'll be attending
a conference (which I hope) or spend 4 days sitting in
cafes in Geneva ;-)

> I chair the education track this year, and my track is full.  There
> are 9 great talks here registered and 4 iffy. Plus 4 more which
> will be great if we see them.

That's good to know. I tried looking for the registered
talks on the web-site, but couldn't find them. All I could do
is look at my own registered talk.

> The problem is not with the talks, it is with the registration.

I think the problem is a bit of both: people who sign up for
a conference will usually know what talks will be held. At
present, the timetable doesn't show any specific talk at
all.

It would be helpful, to at least get an idea of what to
expect at EPC (apart from meeting the usual suspects ;-).

> The people at CERN wanted to use their own registration system,
> one developed at CERN, but so far so little.  Some time next week
> I will say 'to hell with everybody' and reinstall the payment and
> registration system that we used last year.  But this is (un)happily a
> most busy time for our company  -- i am sure we can get regestration
> to work, but not  whether we can get it to use swiss franks as opposed to
> swedish kronor.
>
> And now to read 100 messages as makes this one obsolete, see the
> above about time, an d I am replying saturday night vs your
> post on friday morning.

Marc-Andre Lemburg
eGenix.com

Professional Python Services directly from the Source  (#1, May 15 2006)