[EuroPython] Refereed Paper Track

Simon Burton simon at arrowtheory.com
Tue May 16 03:52:55 CEST 2006

While this is horribly late, I would still like to submit this abstract for
consideration in the Refereed Paper Track:

PyJIT: dynamic code generation from runtime data

Pyjit uses llvm to create executable code at runtime.
It handles conversion to SSA form, and has a parser that accepts
a small subset of the python AST, including basic control flow.
Pyjit provides significant speed-ups versus compiled code,
by reducing memory bandwidth use and simplifying the executable code.
We demonstrate applications in: array processing and matrix free methods,
tree structures for machine learning, and optimization techniques using
interval arithmetic.

Simon Burton
National ICT Australia
http://nicta.com.au/