[EuroPython] EuroPython 2006

Chris Withers chris at simplistix.co.uk
Mon May 22 13:47:32 CEST 2006

Hi Marc-Andre,

M.-A. Lemburg wrote:
>> 3. whether the accommodation section is going to be fleshed out, and
>
> I've found the list of hotels on this page useful:
>
> http://housing-service.web.cern.ch/housing-service/listhotel.html
>
> Unfortunately that page doesn't say whether the hotels
> are within walking distance of CERN or not.
>
> Here's a link to a map site that at least lists a few of
> the hotels on the above page:
>
> http://link2.map24.com/?street0=Route%20Niels%20Bohr&zip0=1217&city0=Meyrin&state0=&country0=ch&name0=&lid=3d5d7d90&ol=de-de
>
> This one is close, but also rather expensive:
>
> http://www.nh-hotels.com/portal/page?_pageid=9,346878&_dad=porweb&_schema=PORTAL30&purl=/pls/porweb/url/page/toplevelpages/home_EN/my_corporate_nh_EN/DETALLE_HOTEL_CORP_SIN_EN&p1=nemo&p2=GENEVA&p3=p_idioma&p4=EN&nhagentid=10006&nhsubagentid=100060000000
>
> It is listed as offering special prices for CERN visitors.

Well, I'm going to have another go at booking flights and hotels today
or tomorrow.

Did you find a suitable hotel? Anyone else on this list find one?
(If the hotel offers discounts for CERN visitors, what do they accept as
proof that we're visiting CERN?)

Just to recap, ideally looking for a hotel that's:

- within walking distance on the venue
- has broadband internet connectivity

cheers,

Chris