[EuroPython] Registration payment details

Paul Boddie paul at boddie.org.uk
Thu May 25 15:20:38 CEST 2006

On Thursday 25 May 2006 02:13, Alexander Schremmer wrote:
> On Wed, 24 May 2006 19:05:43 +0200, Paul Boddie wrote:
> > Don't forget to assign the transaction fees to the sender
>
> This is not good if you want to pick up this idea:
> > P.P.S. Some banks in the EU (and EEA) can provide less expensive bank
> > transfers in Euros where the IBAN is used. This may be related to the EU
> > directive 2560/2001; see here for more:
>
> In order to benefit from this free transfer, you have to set the fee
> "strategy" to SHARE. Then it should be completly free for both parties.

You're probably right about this, but whether it's completely free is another
matter. My bank's fee structure mentions zero cost handling in a footnote
which applies to transfers from other countries, but at the same time it
still lists various prices for transfers to other countries. I'm sure my bank
will add on charges creatively, anyway.

Given the lack of any advice about how fees should be distributed, I just gave
the usual advice that prevents a somewhat lesser amount arriving at the
EuroPython end. I apologise if anyone (starting with myself) gets charged
higher fees because of that.

Paul