[EuroPython] EuroPython 2006 from 3rd to 5th of July in CERN, Switzerland

Harald Armin Massa haraldarminmassa at gmail.com
Fri May 26 09:05:29 CEST 2006

Hello Leonard,

thank you for replying to my mail with invitation to register!

> Asking people to register before knowing
> what talks will be given is unreasonable,

Yes, it is quite a challenging thing to do, registering to a
conference with only hoping it will be good, only knowing the
keynoters and that there will be a conference dinner.

On the other hand:

Early Bird gives a discount. This discount is justified by two arguments:

a) the organizers can make more safe assumptions about the number of
participants
b) the participant has to make his commitment without being sure about
the talks.

So she takes the risk that she dislikes the talks and in exchange gets
a discount of around 37% for "normal payers" and 40% for students.

All who need the security of knowing the talks, the schedule and all
still can register to a very reasonable price of 190€ per full payer -
thats around 63€ per day, or 7,9€ per hour.

Those fees are not calculated for profit. This is possible only
because the EuroPython Society is a not-for-profit organization; with
volunteers organizing this conference.

>which is probably being
>reflected in the number of registrations you may have seen so far.

Actually we have allready "Current registrants (136)". We are very
thankfull that people honour our work with that much trust. I
personally feel this is a very nice reward for all that unpaid work.

I would really be happy if you too can decide to be with us at
EuroPython 2006 - early birded or regular (from a point of cost, with
booking regular you even contribute more!)

Best wishes,

Harald

--
GHUM Harald Massa