[EuroPython] paypal payments

Reinoud van Leeuwen reinoud.v at n.leeuwen.net
Tue May 30 23:23:29 CEST 2006

On Tue, May 30, 2006 at 06:19:03PM +0200, Benedikt Hegner wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Dario prepared a paypal account under the address epc at europython.org
> for those people not liking bank transfers.
> Maybe someone can put this information on the website.

Be warned: I used this last summer for another congress where I was part
of the organisation. At one moment Paypal decided that they had a reason
to close our paypal account.
>From that moment on we tried to contact *somebody* at paypal. There is no
email address you can send mail to (only a webform with very little
space). There is no phone number, no street address. Our laywer spent
several days unsuccessfully trying to reach somebody to find out what
paypal *thought* the problem was.

Basically our conclusion was that it is a totally unreliable service for
anything serious.
If you keep on using it, be very sure to get all your money out of it on a
daily basis and put it on a real bank account.

"Nothing is as subjective as reality"
Reinoud van Leeuwen    reinoud.v at n.leeuwen.net
http://www.xs4all.nl/~reinoud