[EuroPython] Proposal: EP 2007 dates, Mon 9 July -> Wed 11 July

Dario Lopez-Kästen dario at ita.chalmers.se
Sun Sep 3 23:58:59 CEST 2006

Magnus Lyckå said the following on 09/02/2006 11:12 PM:
> might not be so attractive to work at that time of year. Or is it just
> in Sweden that basically all of July is vacation time? Perhaps it's
> more end of July / beginning of August down on the continent?

no, but in Sweden we have a lot of attitude of "not doing anything that
is remotely related to work during freetime, even if it is fun".

I have gotten that a lot over the years from people working with what
would classically be described as being "prefessional" and working with
"professional tools, vendors and systems".

It is my impression that other cultures are a bit more relaxed about
this, but I am totally open to the idea that I am wrong.

/dario

Lyrics applied to programming & application design:
"emancipate yourself from mental slavery" - redemption song, b. marley