[EuroPython] EP 2007 dates: Mon 9 July -> Wed 11 July

Michael Hudson mwh at python.net
Wed Sep 6 12:11:12 CEST 2006

Nicolas Pettiaux <nicolas.pettiaux at ael.be> writes:

>> Next steps?  Someone should update the website with the dates.  Is there
>> anywhere else we should publicise the dates?
>
> Please do so as soon as possible on europython.org

I've minimally done this.

Can someone come up with a nice picture of Vilnius to replace the
picture of the globe I just deleted?

> Who as write access to the europython.org site ?

I do, Dario, Jean-Marc and Paul do, some others must as well.  Do you
want to be able to? :-)

> Now, shouldn't the info that was specific to EP2006 be properly archived
> yet be accessible to users (I did get some presentations recently and
> appreciated it) and let the space open to EP2007, while also letting in
> place the info that could be reused for EP2007 ?

That would be nice, yes.

> A question was raised about the usage and potential setup of the CERN
> conference management system. Shouldn't this be finalized ?

It's not _mega_ urgent, but it would be nice, yes.

> Can we / do we want to use the CERN facility ?

There seemed to be consensus that we want our own install.

> Is there any available server if not ?

I think we could use python.net if needed.

> Who volunteers to do the install ? ...

I guess I can, but I would rather someone else did, to be honest :-)

Cheers,
mwh

--
  "declare"?  my bogometer indicates that you're really programming
  in some other language and trying to force Common Lisp into your