[EuroPython] Connecting with RuPy Conference ?

Harald Armin Massa haraldarminmassa at gmail.com
Sun Sep 17 14:03:12 CEST 2006

Dear EuroPythonistas,

I think we all read the very polite and friendly request of Jakub Piotr
Nowak for help with organizing a Pyhon and Ruby conference.

Being involved with EuroPython since around 3 years, I am really admiring
their effort.

On the other hand I am asking myself if we really can afford 2 European
Python conferences - EuroPython has a fair sized followership of around 300
participants every year; that's not that big a market to fuel another
conference.

So I want to ask fellow EuroPythonistas: Is it thinkable that we invite the
people from http://rupy.wmid.amu.edu.pl to join us in organizing EP 2007 in
Vilnius; with having the possibility of making EP 2008 happen in Poland?

That could be a win-win situation:
- we can share our knowledge of organizing an European Dynamic Language
conference (all the stuff we learned about schedules, tracks, invitations,
early and other birds, meals and snacks)
- we avoid having two similar conferences competing for speakers, sponsors
and participants
- we provide a connection to a quite intense communitie
- EuroPython could gain an even longer perspective on its venues

So, what do you think? may this be a possible start of negotiations?

Harald

--
GHUM Harald Massa
persuadere et programmare