[EuroPython] EPC 2007 hotel ?

Aiste Kesminaite aiste at pov.lt
Tue Apr 24 10:03:49 CEST 2007

> I've been looking at booking the flight and hotel for Vilnius.
> Is there a booking code yet ? The web-page mentions that it will
> be announced, but hasn't been so far.

There won't be a code. The hotel gave me a form that needs to be faxed
or emailed to them.
I am not in Lithuania now and cannot contact the hotel to find out
whether it would be enought to simply add Europython 2007 into the
booking form when booking online but I will do that as soon as I get
back i.e. first days of May.

> Some questions:
> * Is there a good connection from the conference hotel to the old town ?

Yes, the hotel is about 10-15 minutes walking distance from the old
town. Basically just accross a river.

> * Will there be any after-conference events in the hotel ?

I am thinking of organising things for people to do in the evenings but
there are a lot more interesting places than staying at the hotel ;)

> I'm just curious because there are a few hotels in the old town
> which seem to offer a lot more atmosphere than then conference
> hotel.

Correct, this hotel is a standard Reval hotel and does not really have
the atmostphere or whatever you want to call it.
But it has big conference halls.

Aiste Kesminaite
Managing director, Programmers of Vilnius
Phone: +370 6563 6462
Email: aiste at pov.lt
Web: www.pov.lt