[EuroPython] EPC 2007 hotel ?

Aiste Kesminaite aiste at pov.lt
Tue Apr 24 10:03:49 CEST 2007

> I've been looking at booking the flight and hotel for Vilnius.
>
> Is there a booking code yet ? The web-page mentions that it will
> be announced, but hasn't been so far.

There won't be a code. The hotel gave me a form that needs to be faxed
or emailed to them.
I am not in Lithuania now and cannot contact the hotel to find out
whether it would be enought to simply add Europython 2007 into the
booking form when booking online but I will do that as soon as I get
back i.e. first days of May.

> Some questions:
>
> * Is there a good connection from the conference hotel to the old town ?

Yes, the hotel is about 10-15 minutes walking distance from the old
town. Basically just accross a river.

> * Will there be any after-conference events in the hotel ?

I am thinking of organising things for people to do in the evenings but
there are a lot more interesting places than staying at the hotel ;)

> I'm just curious because there are a few hotels in the old town
> which seem to offer a lot more atmosphere than then conference
> hotel.

Correct, this hotel is a standard Reval hotel and does not really have
the atmostphere or whatever you want to call it.
But it has big conference halls.

--
Aiste Kesminaite
Managing director, Programmers of Vilnius
Email: aiste at pov.lt
Web: www.pov.lt