[EuroPython] moving forward -- IRC meeting 7th March?

Paul Boddie paul at boddie.org.uk
Wed Feb 28 20:42:29 CET 2007

On Wednesday 28 February 2007 17:39, Michael Hudson wrote:
> As the days and weeks tick by, EuroPython approaches.
>
> I'm at a PyPy sprint and Bea Düring and I have been talking about
> organizing the programme -- what tracks are we going to have, who is going
> to run them, and perhaps most importantly fixing some kind of timeline --
> when are we going to send out a CFP?  what deadline will it have for
> proposals?

I think we really need to establish and publish a timeline. As was noted last
year, there's a lot of stuff which can happily go on in parallel with the
organisation of the local details, and people need help in deciding whether
they're going to be doing a talk, how long they have to prepare for it, how
long they can hold off before registering, and so on (hoping that we don't
get a lot of warmed up talks from PyCon, incidentally).

> As such, we think we should have a meeting in #europython on freenode on
> Wednesday the 7th of March at 18:00 central european time.

That wouldn't fit in with my schedule, but I'd gladly volunteer to be a
general Web monkey like last year, especially if it dampens down the debate
about which Web publishing solution gets used.

Paul