[EuroPython] EP 2007: shouldn't we be active ?

Nicolas Pettiaux nicolas.pettiaux at ael.be
Wed Jan 10 11:06:03 CET 2007

Hello

I wish you all a happy and fruitful year 2007 and us all a very good
Europython conference in July 2007 in Vilnius.

With the new year and the good resolutions and actions that come
along, I was wondering if we should not be active and communicative on
this list, the europython.org website and the wiki about the
organisation of this year conference.

I'll try to be more active myself, contribute ideas and writing in the
wiki and I hereby propose to take the charge of the education track if
this can help (I remember that last year, Laura Creighton had a hard
time and this subject interest me very much)

Could someone help with the archiving of the site of previous year,
while ensuring that they remain fully searchable and usable as
reference, to show everyone how active the previous conferences were ?

What about having our own, if needed, site to deal with the
registration of the papers ? On which machine could this run ? Who
could help with its setup and maintenance ?
(I am afraid I do not have the capabilities, but I am willing to
contribute as much as I can here too)

Best regards,

Nicolas

Nicolas Pettiaux - email: nicolas.pettiaux at ael.be