[EuroPython] EP 2007: shouldn't we be active ?

Michael Hudson mwh at python.net
Wed Jan 10 15:18:24 CET 2007

"Nicolas Pettiaux" <nicolas.pettiaux at ael.be> writes:

> 2007/1/10, Michael Hudson <mwh at python.net>:
>> I don't think it's so much the specific tracks that need work at this
>> stage, but rather more conference-wide things.  I think it would be
>> good to try to have a timetable for issuing call for papers, and so
>> on.
>
> OK let's start with that, for example in the wiki

Makes sense I guess.  We can carve out a bit of the python.org wiki
again I guess.

>> Some kind of widely-spread announcement about EuroPython would be good
>> to have fairly soon, I think.
>
> modelled on the one of last year.
>
> But if we do this, wouldn't it be wise to have the welcome page of the
> EP website adapted to the future ?

It is, at least to some extent, isn't it?  I guess the local
information and such should be updated.

>> > Could someone help with the archiving of the site of previous year,
>> > while ensuring that they remain fully searchable and usable as
>> > reference, to show everyone how active the previous conferences were ?
>> >
>> > What about having our own, if needed, site to deal with the
>> > registration of the papers ?
>>
>> We have talked about installing Indico (the software we used last
>> time) to do this.  I could probably install it on the
>> starship.python.net machine.
>
> good. Thanks,

Something for the todo pile then.  I hope I'll get to this next week.

>> > On which machine could this run ? Who could help with its setup and
>> > maintenance ?
>>
>> We had a promise from the CERN people to help with our installation, I
>> think.
>
> yes, they did explicitely if I remember well.

I hope they remember :-)

Cheers,
mwh

--
  Any form of evilness that can be detected without *too* much effort
  is worth it...  I have no idea what kind of evil we're looking for