[EuroPython] EuroPython Pictures

Christian Scholz cs at comlounge.net
Wed Jul 18 12:30:55 CEST 2007

Hi!

David Boddie wrote:
> On Tue Jul 10 08:02:31 CEST 2007, Christian Scholz wrote:
>
>> My photos uploaded so far can be found at
>>
>> http://www.flickr.com/photos/mrtopf/sets/72157600734584590/
>
> I've started adding mine now, too:
>
> http://www.flickr.com/photos/10144736%40N08/sets/72157600823609202/

Cool :-)
Where did you get those coffees? ;-)

> It was a relatively painless experience, thanks to Kflickr:
>
> http://kflickr.sourceforge.net/
>
>> If you upload your own photos to flickr, please make sure you tag them
>> with "europython2007" and "europython" (for all years). There is also a
>> EuroPython group on flickr which you can join:
>>
>> http://www.flickr.com/groups/24337041@N00/
>>
>> You can add your photos there, too.
>
> OK, I'll try to figure out how to do that!

Quite easy, just got to the group page and join it.
Then you can either add each photo individually to the group by
selecting the "add to group" icon but more easily it's done by using the
Organizr. For that click the "Organize" Button at the top of the screen,
select the groups tab, select a batch of photos in the lower bar and
then drag them into the group. That's all.

In the organizr you can also set where they have been made by using the
map. You might also be able to find more people of other people in that
area by using it.

(and there is also a "Python people" group, btw. You might want to add
photos with people there, too : http://flickr.com/groups/35034346793@N01/).

I also added some new photos to my stream which can be found at
http://flickr.com/photos/mrtopf/

(btw, flickr IMHO makes most sense for those photos to expose them to a
lot of people. To get more views, get active on flickr, look around,
comment on photos, add people as contacts, join groups you might be
interested in and so on. This helps you in e.g. finding new cool
people/friends  and it helps Python to get more exposure, too. Make also
sure to set your photos to a Creative Commons License to encourage
re-use of them. You can do that in your account settings at
http://flickr.com/account/prefs/license/)

-- Christian

--
Christian Scholz                         video blog: http://comlounge.tv
COM.lounge                                   blog: http://mrtopf.de/blog
EMail: cs at comlounge.net
IRC: MrTopf on irc.freenode.net, Tao_T on irc.efnet.org
Second Life Nick: Tao Takashi
Second Life Blog: http://taotakashi.wordpress.com

** neues Blog: http://mrtopf.de/blog
** neuer Podcast: http://mrtopf.de/podcast