[EuroPython] The Python Papers and EuroPython 2007

David Boddie david at boddie.org.uk
Tue Mar 6 02:46:21 CET 2007

On Tuesday 20 February 2007 15:55:06 +1100, Tennessee Leeuwenburg wrote:

> I am the editor-in-chief of The Python Papers (http://pythonpapers.org), a
> Python magazine created by a noncommercial group of enthusiasts. I am
> currently contacting various conference organisers about the possibilities
> of collaboration. Our next edition is due out in May, which is a little
> before EuroPython 2007 is scheduled for.
> I thought you might like to contribute an article covering the event to let
> people know more about it. It would also be good to include any information
> about last years' event, some selected photos etc.

It might be interesting to take a look at the photos on Flickr and contact
the photographers whose photos you like to ask for their permission to use

Assuming you're successful, some of these photos should complement quite
nicely what Nicolas is proposing to write.

> Additionally, in our next edition we will be including a review of python
> papers and articles published in the last year. Where we have access to
> conference proceedings, we will try to select a few articles for inclusion
> in this effort. Going forward, it would be great to have people nominate
> and vote for favourite articles. I was unable to find the proceedings of
> EuroPython 2006. Would it be possible to have access to this?

The CERN conference site is available for anyone to access:

The timetable and speaker list pages available from that page are
particularly useful.