[EuroPython] The Python Papers and EuroPython 2007

David Boddie david at boddie.org.uk
Tue Mar 6 02:46:21 CET 2007

On Tuesday 20 February 2007 15:55:06 +1100, Tennessee Leeuwenburg wrote:

> I am the editor-in-chief of The Python Papers (http://pythonpapers.org), a
> Python magazine created by a noncommercial group of enthusiasts. I am
> currently contacting various conference organisers about the possibilities
> of collaboration. Our next edition is due out in May, which is a little
> before EuroPython 2007 is scheduled for.
>
> I thought you might like to contribute an article covering the event to let
> people know more about it. It would also be good to include any information
> about last years' event, some selected photos etc.

It might be interesting to take a look at the photos on Flickr and contact
the photographers whose photos you like to ask for their permission to use
them:

http://www.flickr.com/search/?q=europython+2006&m=tags
http://www.flickr.com/search/?q=europython+2006&m=text

Assuming you're successful, some of these photos should complement quite
nicely what Nicolas is proposing to write.

> Additionally, in our next edition we will be including a review of python
> papers and articles published in the last year. Where we have access to
> conference proceedings, we will try to select a few articles for inclusion
> in this effort. Going forward, it would be great to have people nominate
> and vote for favourite articles. I was unable to find the proceedings of
> EuroPython 2006. Would it be possible to have access to this?

The CERN conference site is available for anyone to access:

http://indico.cern.ch/conferenceDisplay.py?confId=44

The timetable and speaker list pages available from that page are
particularly useful.

David