[EuroPython] Hotel Reservation

Aiste Kesminaite aiste at pov.lt
Thu May 31 13:08:45 CEST 2007

> > Hi, i was looking for the EP hote reservation and noticed that there's no
> > difference between booking from the hotel site or EP site. The rate from the
> > hotel site is 79 euros (for early bookers rate) and from the europython.org
> > is 80€.

This is true, I just spoke to the hotel people. So if this 1 Euro makes
a big difference -- you can reserve the room in the normal way.

> In fact. the early bookers rate for a double room today is 79 euros,
> while the europython special offer (ending tomorrow) it 93 euros for a
> double room. So special offer is the correct word. It is in fact more
> expensive.

This is incorrect. The 79 euros price per double is only valid on
weekends, that is Fri-Sun and thus does not really work if you want to
attend the conference.
Also, the conference special offer does not imply that they have to
provide the absolute cheapest prices, they do make things more
convenient for the conference though.

Other clarification -- there is a mistake in the registration form. Kit
already asked about this.
I just doublechecked with the hotel and yes the no charge cancellation
works up the the day before the room is booked.
If you notify the hotel a day before you are due to arrive and make sure
it is before 16:00 local time -- you are fine, the cancellation does not
cost you anything.

--
Aiste Kesminaite
Managing director, Programmers of Vilnius
Email: aiste at pov.lt
Web: www.pov.lt