[EuroPython] New logo for Europython

Marius Gedminas marius at pov.lt
Tue Feb 12 19:20:08 CET 2008

On Tue, Feb 12, 2008 at 09:50:29AM -0800, kirby urner wrote:
> I somewhat like the idea of a logo branding *a conference*
> more than the idea of Europython in the abstract.  Something
> more Vilnius in tone, a python entwined in a glass ship or
> something.  As the conference moves about, the logo could
> be refreshed each time, always with some local color, just
> an idea.

Gediminas Tower is probably a good local symbol of Vilnius

However choosing to have a localised logo will add more work to
volunteer logo designers.  How do they feel about it?

Marius Gedminas
Alan Turing thought about criteria to settle the question of whether
machines can think, a question of which we now know that it is about
as relevant as the question of whether submarines can swim.
                -- Dijkstra