[EuroPython] EuroPython 2009 Dates

Lennart Regebro regebro at gmail.com
Wed May 21 21:05:56 CEST 2008

On Wed, May 21, 2008 at 8:56 PM, Laura Creighton <lac at openend.se> wrote:
>>Yes, that's how we advertise EP 2008, 7th-9th July.
>
> Hmmm.  Maybe that is a mistake.  Something to discuss with a lot of
> people at EuroPython.

I think so, loads of people seem to regard the sprinting as something
you can do the day after when you wait for your plane. I think all
conference days should be advertised as such.

> This is tricky.  I'm not sure if the number of people who cannot
> get off work but would attend on the weekend is greater than the
> number of people who have families and other reasons to not
> 'waste' their precious weekends at conferences.   Does anybody
> know any studies of that?

PyCon does it on the weekend, but that's US. My feeling is that
EuroPython has a smaller percentage of hobbyists, but that could be
because it isn't on a weekend, as well as a reason not to have it on a
weekend. :-)

http://www.colliberty.com/
+33 661 58 14 64