[EuroPython] EuroPython 2009 Dates

John Pinner funthyme at gmail.com
Thu May 22 12:15:06 CEST 2008

2008/5/22 Nicolas Chauvat <nicolas.chauvat at logilab.fr>:
> On Wed, May 21, 2008 at 09:05:56PM +0200, Lennart Regebro wrote:
>> PyCon does it on the weekend, but that's US. My feeling is that
>> EuroPython has a smaller percentage of hobbyists, but that could be
>> because it isn't on a weekend, as well as a reason not to have it on a
>> weekend. :-)
>
> For us, EuroPython is work and we try very hard not to work on
> week-ends and enjoy the non-pythonic life instead.

But you work in a Python-friendly company (because you founded it!)

There are a lot of people who are trapped in jobs where they're unable
to use Python and/or other FLOSS systems. Their employers won't
support them in coming to events like EP and PyCon, so a weekend event
is quite attractive to them.

But I agree that EuroPython is probably best held during