[EuroPython] Sponsorship

Harald Armin Massa haraldarminmassa at gmail.com
Wed May 28 09:13:24 CEST 2008

>>> I especially brought up this idea to avoid being called a Google Show.
>>> As much as I like and prefer the big G, competition is healthy esp. in
>>> the job market :)
>> They aren't necessarily the cuddly company people would have you
>> believe. Any monopoly is a 'bad thing', especially when they're
>> collecting all that personal data.

Agreeing totally - competition good, monopoly bad.
I prefer gmail over hotmail for ease of use and speed and geekness
appeal, not for G having the more attractive staffers or being more

> The request was to pass the invite on the Microsoft, maybe through
> Jim, not to snag the guy as a speaker necessarily, I guess you weren't
> really following.
> Anyway, done.  We'll see what they say.
Great! Quite sure that at least we will get referred to MSEurope

>>> Again question to the list: who knows someone at Y and Amazon?
> What's Y?  Yahoo?

Yes. I am not really sure if they can afford Pythoneers right now
competing with G, A and M, but it's only fair to provide the

GHUM Harald Massa
persuadere et programmare
Harald Armin Massa
Spielberger Straße 49
70435 Stuttgart
no fx, no carrier pidgeon
EuroPython 2008 will take place in Vilnius, Lithuania - Stay tuned!