[EuroPython] EuroPython 2009 Dates

Laura Creighton lac at openend.se
Thu May 29 20:02:53 CEST 2008

In a message of Thu, 29 May 2008 18:49:40 BST, "John Pinner" writes:
>2008/5/29 Laura Creighton <lac at openend.se>:
>> In a message of Thu, 29 May 2008 16:47:59 BST, "John Pinner" writes:
>>>EuroPython 2009 will take place from Monday 29th June to Friday 3rd
>>>July, in Birmingham UK.
>>>
>>>I couldn't get both conference and dinner venues in September, and the
>>>next best date of 27th July is too far into the holiday season.
>>>
>>>Jazz fans may like to know that the 25th Birmingham International jazz
>>>Festival takes place from 3rd to 12th July 2009, so you could stay
>>>over and enjoy some cool music. See
>>>http://www.birminghamjazzfestival.com
>>>
>>>Best wishes,
>>>
>>>John
>>
>> This sounds good but does this mean that we cannot use the site for
>> Sprinting over the weekend?
>
>No, I've just not booked anything yet (because we don't need the large
>halls, this is not a problem).
>
>I'm thinking of the weekend _following_ the conference, which would be
>good for sprinting jazz enthusiasts. I don't know how many of them
>there are.
>
>John
>--

There's one here.  And Sprinting after a conference is better than
before -- though some masochists have wanted *both*.  This is because
people arrive and leave at different days.  So if your sprint is after,
you run an introduction to your sprint, once, and then some people
have to leave early.  If you have you sprint _before_ you have to
run your introduction or explanations to each new sprinter as they
arrive.  This gets frustrating very quickly, plus tere is no way
you can give the same introductoin multiple times without losing
quality -- you forget which thngs you have said to which people.  Some
get told the same thing twice and other important things zero times.

Laura