[EuroPython] [Europython-improve] getting to the conference site

Dalius Dobravolskas dalius.dobravolskas at gmail.com
Sat May 31 17:41:47 CEST 2008

Hello,

Lennart Regebro wrote:
> On Sat, May 31, 2008 at 4:55 PM, Paul Boddie <paul at boddie.org.uk> wrote:
>
>> On Saturday 31 May 2008 15:20:04 Laura Creighton wrote:
>>
>>> I don't find a section about 'how to get from the trainstation
>>> or the airport to the conference venue'.  Are we missing this?
>>>
>> Yes. I'd like to know what the locals recommend and what people found out last
>> year. The taxi ride from the airport was "exciting", but I heard that the bus
>> is actually quite convenient. Anyone?
>>

> The airport is so close to the centre that taking a tax is a waste of
> money. The bus takes 15 minutes or so. But you need change. (Or you
> wave a big note and go for free because the busdriver can't change it,
> but I don't know what risk of fines you take doing this).

I'm local. Taxi is really waste of money. Bus is OK. Price for bus is
1.40 Litas or less than 50 euro cents. I don't know but there is another
choice: there are micro buses that costs 3 Litas (less than one 1 euro).
It is faster and more comfortable than bus. I believe numbers 15 and 100
will take you almost to EuroPython hotel. I will take some photos and
will draw something on map to illustrate everything later next week.

Fines are still very low compared to other countries. It is
approximately 6 euros. That might be cheaper than taxi :-) And I believe
nobody will waste their time for fining foreigner because there is
little chance that they will speak english. From other side experience
might be not the pleasant one.

Regards
Dalius