[EuroPython] [europython-contact] Topic suggestions for Tutorials

John Pinner funthyme at gmail.com
Sat Apr 11 19:50:44 CEST 2009

Hello Eric,

I'm sorry if no one has replied to you before...

2009/3/27  <famut1eo at cmich.edu>:
> Hi,
> I am transitioning to using Python for research in
> Computational Physics. I am interested in attending the
> EuroPython 2009 conference. However, when I looked at the
> tutorials for last year’s conference, there seems to be no
> tutorials on Scipy and or Numpy. Is it possible to have some
> tutorials on using Python in computational sciences? This
> will also include visualization and combining Python with
> other high level languages like FORTRAN and C++.

We can only put on a tutorial if some one is willing to give/has proposed one.

Putting the idea up on the wiki would be a good idea: there is still
room I think for one more tutorial.

Better still, we can ask the europython list...

Is anyone out there interested/able to give a suitable SciPy or Numpy tutorial?

Best wishes,

John