[EuroPython] How about to move the mailing list to Google Groups?

Alex Willmer alex at moreati.org.uk
Fri Jul 17 13:31:36 CEST 2009

2009/7/17 Sorin Sbarnea <sorin.sbarnea at gmail.com>:
> I don't want to start a flame but I think it would be a good idea to
> move the mailing list to Google Groups.

python-list (the main python mailing list) appears in Groogle Groups
because it is reflected as the comp.lang.python newsgroup. I'm not
sure how you would request this for the europython list, but perhaps
the same could be done.

> It's easier to read, has different subscription options and has the
> nice feature that you can follow a thread (star function).

Agreed. I understand why it happened, but I wish we had more
newsgroups and fewer web forums/mailing lists. As a fall back, if you
subscribe to these mailing lists using a Gmail account, you get some
of same benefits as if they were available in Google Groups.

Alex
--
Alex Willmer <alex at moreati.org.uk>
http://moreati.org.uk/blog