[EuroPython] Conference Proposals for 2011

John Pinner funthyme at gmail.com
Thu Jul 23 12:16:53 CEST 2009

Hello,

2009/7/22 M.-A. Lemburg <mal at egenix.com>

> I've just come across an interesting way of getting new proposals
> for conference locations. This is how the Plone folks are doing this
> and it looks really professional:
>

> http://plone.org/events/conferences/2009/plone-conference-2009-selection-process
>
> Here's the proposal document for Budapest:
>

> http://plone.org/events/conferences/2009/Plone_conference_2009_Budapest.pdf/view
>
> Would this be a suitable way to find a new location for 2011 ?

It would indeed. We had a session at EP 2009 with groups interested in
holding EP2011/2012 and in fact we'll be following something similar to the
above, although I think it needs to be formalised.

Things that came out of the meeting were

* Any group proposing to hold EP must have helped with the previous
conference at least (ie what was decided at Vilnius 2007),
* Organising a successful local conference would be good start before
running EP,
* We may need to consider how big EP should be and whether it should be
capped in size.

Best wishes,

john