[EuroPython] Barcamp?

John Pinner funthyme at gmail.com
Sat Jun 13 01:45:56 CEST 2009

Hello Christian,

2009/6/12 Christian Scholz <cs at comlounge.net>:
> Hi there!
>
> As you might remember I sort of organized a Barcamp like part of the
> conference last year, mainly explaining what it is and doing session
> planning each morning. The only thing I didn't was actually attending
> one of the barcamp sessions due to video stuff to do ;-)
>
> I'd very much like to do that again this year except with attending
> sessions :-)
>
> So if there is a spare room we can have and some billboard or simply
> wall where we can put up a session plan then I am happy to run it this
> year again.

If you look at the timetable you will see that there is room for this,
marked a Open Space.

Also Bruce Eckel has volunteered to run a panel to explain what a
barcamp is and how to run one. This could start the barcamp sessions
off.

All this would be very helpful because we're having a one day PyCon UK
barcamp on 5th September.

> For those who don't know what a barcamp is: It's basically the same as
> open spaces, so there is an empty room and there are timeslots and each
> morning people can signup to fill one of these slots with a talk,
> discussion round or whatever they want to do there.
>
> So if that would be possible again this year, I am happy to help!

Thank you again :-)

best wishes,

John