[EuroPython] London - Birmingham

Laura Creighton lac at openend.se
Tue Jun 16 07:46:18 CEST 2009

In a message of Tue, 16 Jun 2009 01:04:41 BST, John Pinner writes:
>Hello Arnoldas,
>2009/6/15 Arnoldas Grigutis <arnoldas.grigutis at gmail.com>:
>> Hello,
>> I am arriving in London Stansted (I don't know what Stansted means)
>Stansted is one of London's secondary airports, a little more pleasant
>than Heathrow.
>> on June
>> 27th, 12:40 PM.
>> How should I get to Birmingham? I haven't been to UK before.
>> Should I take a train? Are there any schedules for trains, maybe online
>> booking I can do before I leave?
>> How should I get to a train/metro/whatever station from the airport?
>I think there's a bus connection to Birmingham: Zeth will no doubt
>tell you as he's done that trip before.
>Best wishes,

There already is a train station  Stansted Airport, so you just walk

You can catch a train from Stansted Airport to Birmingham.

You order it here:

Your 'from' destination is Stansted Airport
Your 'to' is for Birmingham New Street.

If you order more than a week in advance, your fair is cheaper.

I am not a local, I have just done this.  If locals come by here and
say there is a better way, believe them.