[EuroPython] London - Birmingham

Tobias Brox tobixen at gmail.com
Sat Jun 20 23:23:56 CEST 2009

Just to add some more noise to this thread ;-)

I tried booking the train tickets from midland, virgin and chiltern just now.

Midland offered a trip for 19.50 ... but they insisted on shipping
tickets to a postal address (!), so I aborted the process.

Virgin was expensive when booking through their pages, but when
booking through the national rail service web pages, I got offered
tickets for 21 GBP.  Registration was a real hassle, and when I came
to the payment page it didn't want to accept any of my credit cards.

Chiltern offered (through the national rail service web pages) tickets
for 19.50 GBP, and I finally managed to book those tickets.  I had to
click a special check-box for "overtaken trains" to see this journey
at all - this is a slow train.