[EuroPython] Travel recommendation

Zeth theology at gmail.com
Wed Jun 24 13:10:12 CEST 2009

2009/6/24 Jan Ulrich Hasecke <jan.ulrich at hasecke.com>:
> Hello,
>
> we arrive with four persons at the airport of Birmingham. What is cheper? To
> got with train or bus to the city or use a taxi directly to the hotel?

Train certainly. It will also be far quicker.

Britain has two types of taxi, 'private hire' which you have to ring
before and arrange the price on the phone, this will be about £25. The
other type of taxi is a hackney carriage (black cab) which has a
meter, which you jump into, this will cost a lot.