[EuroPython] Car Parking

Quentin Wright q at clocksoft.com
Wed Jun 24 13:30:20 CEST 2009

Dougal Matthews wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I'm staying just outside Birmingham for the conference.
> What is the car parking like in the area or would I be best to get the train
> (from leamington spa)?
>
> Cheers,
> Dougal
>
> ---
> Dougal Matthews - @d0ugal
> http://www.dougalmatthews.com/

Hi Dougal,

There are a lot of car parks within walking distance of the
Conservatoire, although they are pretty expensive. Follow the signs to
the Conference Centre off the A38 and that will naturally take you to
the car parks.

There is a map accessible from this web page:
http://www.birmingham.gov.uk/GenerateContent?CONTENT_ITEM_ID=25731&CONTENT_ITEM_TYPE=0&MENU_ID=12077
and the most convenient is the Brindley Drive Multi-storey, No 6.

The small open air one, Civic Centre, No 7 is the most expensive.

If you want to pay even more there are on-street spaces near the entry
to the Copthorne Hotel on Paradise Circus.

You might be better off using the train, depending upon your distance
from the station at Leamington Spa.

Q.