[EuroPython] Food in Birmingham

Russel Winder russel.winder at concertant.com
Thu Jun 25 10:05:40 CEST 2009

On Wed, 2009-06-24 at 22:31 +0100, Zeth wrote:
> 2009/6/24 Christopher Swift <christopher.swift at linux.com>:
> > Hello all, I was wondering if any Brummie locals out there could assist
> > me in finding decent places for food in Birmingham. Being in a strange
> > land it'd be nice to eat some good food! Does anyone know of any good
> > Chineses in the area or any recommendations on any other sorts of food
> > venues?
>
> Firstly have a look at this:
> http://www.europython.eu/about/eatingout/

No mention of the Chinese restaurants on Ladywell Walk and Thorpe
Street, they surely deserve mention?  They are only a little bit
Anglicized -- and it helps more if you can take someone who speaks
Cantonese.

For "authentic" Indian food you may want to take a trip towards West
Bromwich or Scott Arms (on the way to Wallsall) -- being out of the city
centre and closer to the heart of the various Indian communities, the
food is more "authentic", less Anglicized.