[EuroPython] Help me finalise my PyObjC talk!

Orestis Markou orestis at orestis.gr
Thu Jun 25 19:32:20 CEST 2009

Hi Luke,

this is best suited for the pyobjc-dev list, but the summary is that
no, pyobjc works only the mac, simply because while ObjC itself is a
free standard, the only mature libraries/runtime are Apple's. There is
GNUStep, which aims to reimplement a lot of things for free software
platforms, but AFAIK it's been unmaintained for some time now, and
therefore support for it was removed from PyObjC.

Orestis