[EuroPython] wireless

Charlie Clark charlie.clark at clark-consulting.eu
Sat Jun 27 10:13:33 CEST 2009

Am 27.06.2009, 01:58 Uhr, schrieb John Pinner <funthyme at gmail.com>:

> Tried it there last week and it was poor.

Quite likely - signal attenuation has a lot to do with the frequency and
the environment. An environment that's not conducive wifi signals won't be
good for UMTS. Anyway what is it with this obsession with being online all
the time? I know it's a minority opinion but I find it extremely
distracting having numpties all around me on IRC and e-mail, etc. while
I'm trying to pay attention to a speaker. Oh for the halcyon days of
Charleroi with an internet room!

Charlie