[EuroPython] Tags to use

Christian Scholz cs at comlounge.net
Tue Jun 30 13:21:15 CEST 2009

Hi there!

Lots of people (hopefully) will be putting up blog posts, videos, photos
of the conference on the net. And many will also hopefully use Twitter
to spread the word.

It would be good to use tags for that:

So for blog posts, videos and all the media stuff maybe use "europython"
and "europython2009". Put this wherever the system allows you to put
tags (without the quotes).

In case of blog posts you can simply use this HTML snippet:

rel="tag">europython2009</a>

(Wordpress should create this for you automatically, maybe with
different URLs).

On Twitter it's a bit different because of the size limit. I would
suggest to use the hashtag #europython.

I would also advise to not use @europython as this is not that easily
findable and recognizable by usual twitter tools. IMHO this should only
be used by organizers to make an official post.

So hopefully that way we will make stuff more findable and might also
get the europython tag to bubble up on e.g. twitter trending topics etc.

-- christian

--
Christian Scholz                          Homepage: http://comlounge.net
COM.lounge GmbH                              blog: http://mrtopf.de/blog
Tel: +49 241 400 730 0                           E-Mail cs at comlounge.net
Fax: +49 241 979 00 850                               IRC: MrTopf, Tao_T

neuer Podcast: Der OpenWeb-Podcast (http://openwebpodcast.de)
new podcast: Data Without Borders (http://datawithoutborders.net)